Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Little Women Cross Stitch Pattern!


Tomoson

I received a really neat opportunity to review a cross stitch pattern by Kelly Runde.


 It is a cross stitch pattern that can be completed in a day,
 based on the book "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.  


I was excited to do this review for this cross stitching pattern. It brings back many memories for me. I learned how to do the cross stitch and the embroidery from my Grandma Mae. She would encourage me to do "my best" and with practice, my needlework would improve. If I recall correctly, I was about 10 years old then. My work did improve! Through out my life I have cross stitched some kits and patterns. I am the type that rarely throw anything away. I still had my collection of embroidery threads stashed away somewhere.

...created by Kelly 


When I received the cross stitch pattern from Kelly Runde of  My Simple Walk, I nearly panicked! Where were my stash of the threads at?, I began to wonder. Then I looked over the pattern. Oh it is pretty! It has a lovely phrase "We've got Father and Mother, and each other"  The list of needed items to do this project  is clearly written. The chart and symbols used on the pattern is simple enough to follow, especially if you have done basic cross stitching before. If you never done cross stitching, it is pretty easy to learn. I'd feel that this "Little Women Cross Stitch Pattern" is perfectly suited for beginner and also those who are savvy with cross stitching, there is no stress involved.

Once I got this pattern, I searched for my threads, my... my.. cross stitch cloth ....ummm... utoh! I done have any of those anymore! Aida cloth is a type of cloth that is often used in cross stitch work. Soooo, what am I to do? I live in a very small town without a craft or hobby store and the Super Walmart's craft section in dismal in variety of craft supplies. They didn't even have embroidery threads. I had looked some time ago for another project. *Sigh*  What am I to do? My brain did a personal inventory search and recalled that I have bolts of natural muslin! YES! We are in business Folks! I also found my embroidery hoop. Those are very helpful in this type of needlework! Yep, I am in business to get this stitching artwork going! Whoops! Not so fast Karrieann! The needles! Where are they? Oh darn, I have forgotten about those... a critical tool to have for doing NEEDLEwork. Okay! Good news! I found those after a few searches in my total disorganized craft room! (Please for your safety, do not... I repeat DO NOT go in there! You may not find your way back out again!) 

Okay Folks, It took me a bit longer to do this project than I expected. Needlework and a sneezy cold really do not go well together. Here I am doing some "X" on my muslin and  a surprise sneeze attack comes out. OUCH as I prick the finger under the cloth. Dang! 


After all of that, here is my result! 

I decided that I will back this with another piece of muslin
and add some Christmas scrap fabrics to trim the edges.
It would make a lovely Tea Towel for Christmas!
(psssst... I made some booboos in my counting, but I'm not tellin' where! Ha!)

Product Description 
The pattern will come to you in a PDF format. 
 It is a cross stitch pattern that can be completed in a day,
 based on the book "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.  
Basic cross stitch skills required.


(my recommendation  for those new to cross-stitching, go to this site 
for basic lessons to cross stitching, also a good refresher for the novice!

If you would like to have this pattern too, please visit Kelly's Etsy's Shop  "KellyNeedlearts" to get one! 
Also visit Kelly's blog My Simple Walk  while sippin' on some hot lemonade...soothing for a sore throat!


Thank You for your visit to my review!
~Karrieann


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on Hardcover Feedback. I'm also a bit Irish...mostly Hungarian though. I 've Leprechauns in the book too. ;-P

    ReplyDelete